Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Meeting

I make no bones about the fact that I struggle. The journey to the "Land of Normal Sizes" is never over. I have learned how to lose weight. I have learned how to make better choices and yes, when I am in the "bubble" of things being in perfect alignment I have learned to cope better with my demons, those evil things that hang onto the edges of my soul, that I am convinced make it easier to fall out of the bubble and onto the platform of FML.

On program I feel healthy mentally and physically. I am happier and feel like I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to. I wish I could bottle that feeling; make it into a easy roll-on similar to deodorant for those times when you think you might need a boost. I decided last week that I needed to claw out of the rut I have allowed myself to wallow in. I picked a new meeting site; one that is closer to where I live, one that is more convenient to my life.

I enjoyed my first meeting in a new place, new time. The solution to a problem can be as simple as thinking outside the box or in my case stepping outside the box. See what is in the way from a different vantage point. This meeting is not the answer I seek. I am the answer. I am what was in the way!!!

What I need to accept is that at some point I will no longer be actively losing weight. I have learned that skill. It's the next skill that separates the losers from the maintainers. I will forever be holding those "need to feed" demons at bay. It is called maintenance. One journey ends as another begins.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh, I just love you.

The mad chronicling of a Large Marge on a journey to find the girl she used to be.