Thursday, December 30, 2010

Let the Testing Begin

OMG two posts in a row. I told you I believe in miracles. :) Dear hubby and are about to go out for the day. We are on vacation from work this week. Hubby has a daughter from a previous relationship. We are taking her and her daughter out for lunch and shopping. I never got to be a mom in my own right. Stepmom I am. Grammy I try. Let me tell you there is no easier way to weird me out then to have a little 5 year old following behind shouting, "Grammy wait for me. Grammy." Absolutely cool and yet gives me the goosebumps.
I am only posting this because I am sure to be challenged at where we go to eat vs. what I can safely eat without falling off program.

...I survived. I wanted to do anything but go shopping but we went. Stress level up. Lunch up next. We tried to hit our local 99 Restaurant; there was an hour wait so we drove off down the road and hit Lou Roc's Diner. Magical place to me all on its own. I played it safe by ordering a boring garden salad with grilled chicken and house dressing on the side.

Yes, I am jumping up and down. I haven't forgotten how to do this. Hooray for me :)

No comments:

The mad chronicling of a Large Marge on a journey to find the girl she used to be.