Sunday, January 6, 2013

How Time Flies

     How time flies on a Sunday. It is 8:17 pm as I sit down to compose this. My day is drawing to a close. Why don't work days fly by this fast? I managed to eek out a loss this week. I'll take that as a win in my column thank you very much. I started this journey March 4,2007 without great expectations. In some ways it still feels like I just walked through the door to that first meeting. I wasn't actually motivated but sick and tired. I walked into that meeting with high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, girl problems and depression. I had no where else to go but up. I remember leaving that first meeting wondering how is this time around going to be any different.
 
     Somewhere within that first week I grasped the idea that this time it was ME that was going to be different. My success or failure would be solely on me. In the span of a few short months it will be my sixth anniversary as an active WW member. I guess it's not just Sunday that flies by. I am different; I am a better me.  It takes someone of strong character to affect change. It is very difficult when you want that change for yourself. It is so easy to let yourself down, to quit on yourself, to put yourself out of the game. I never knew I was strong. I never felt I had value as a person. My how I have grown while my body has gotten smaller.

      I struggle. Who doesn't? I just have to learn to put my negative thoughts into positive actions. I started to blog again. I find it helps me sort through all the bullsh*t I have rolling around in my head. I am trying to set aside time everyday to make sure I have tracked what I have put past the gateway. I am trying to accept that it doesn't have to be "all or nothing" to be a success at losing/maintaining weight. I mean who lives that way really? Who can? Not this gal.

       I am also blessed to have a hubby who never lets me quit, a best friend that stands beside me, and a group of WW peeps I have come to call friends.

     
    

No comments:

The mad chronicling of a Large Marge on a journey to find the girl she used to be.