Monday, March 3, 2008

One Year

I did it ! I managed to go to WW for a full year. In that time I have lost 122.6 pounds. I can proudly say that I have adopted a new way of thinking about food, about myself and about how I want to live. I am not always successful with my choices which shows at the scale. Now I try to learn from those experiences and think of them as stepping stones not as roadblocks. I used to be a very negative person and it showed itself in my appearance.

I have taught myself to stop and think before I eat something. I ask myself am I feeding myself or am I feeding a feeling. I am an emotional eater. A trick I learned from my mother. I never allowed myself to entertain the thought that I could learn to not self medicate with food. Thinking about that now I realize that I never gave myself a chance. I gave up running the race before I left the starting block.

Why me? my favorite cry. Why me? Why me? Well, why NOT me? It is mind boggling to me that I spent so much time talking bad about myself to myself. I don't know if I think it is more amusing to me or saddening that I used to believe all the crap I told myself. If I had only learned my worth earlier in life. Then again if I hadn't been on this journey I might not have learned so much about myself. I am a power to be reckoned with. I can achieve great things if I am willing to put in the time and effort to attain the things I want. I proved this to myself. The possibilties are endless. Just believe.

I have not told my leader yet but I think I want my lifetime goal to be 165 pounds. I will have to get a note from my doctor as this weight is a good 10 pounds heavier than WW wants me to maintain but I am not a 20's something anymore and hubby loves me just as I am. I have no need to be a hard body I just wish to be comfortable in my own skin.

No comments:

The mad chronicling of a Large Marge on a journey to find the girl she used to be.